Holy Trinity Church School is committed to serving its community and surrounding areas. We recognise the multicultural and multifaith nature of the United Kingdom and understand the crucial role our school plays in promoting these values.
We are an inclusive school for all.
This statement outlines the key British Values we actively promote.
- Children are involved in democratic processes e.g. voting for House Captains and representatives at Community Time.
- Junior Governors and other groups work alongside school staff who also adhere to the democratic process.
- We welcome PCSOs and other bodies who come into school to educate the children about upholding British law and the prosecution service.
- Children have key roles and responsibilities in school including Sports Captains, Digital Leaders, Eco Monitors, Librarians, Buddies, Junior Governors and Heads of School.
- Within our school, children are actively encouraged to make choices, knowing that they are in a safe and supportive environment.
- As a school, we educate and provide boundaries for children to make choices safely.
- Through our curricular clubs and opportunities, children are given the freedom to make choices.
- The aims, ethos and values of our school are embodied in all that we do.
- Our whole curriculum including PSHE embodies values of mutual respect through units of learning such as relationships and being a responsible citizen.
- Respect is embedded within our rainbow values.
The Rule of Law
- We have links with the local police through the PCSO.
- We have a clearly structured behaviour policy which all stake holders understand and follow.
- We regularly review behaviour incidents in school and support all children with the next steps and the choices they make.
- A programme of worship is carefully structured to encompass our values and their impact on the law.
- Presentations are made to children covering E-safety awareness, safeguarding (including radicalisation) and other relevant themes.
Tolerance of Those of Different Faith and Beliefs
- Our RE curriculum provides a broad and balanced education on a range of faiths, religions and cultures.
- There is a strong focus on the Christian values.
- We have a growing number of EAL children and actively use school resources to promote their learning and integration into our school society.
- We welcome visitors from other countries and other faiths who share their language and their culture with our pupils.
- We regularly celebrate festivals of a range of faiths practised in modern Britain and encourage parents and families to share their experiences.
Each class has their own British Values display.
British Values in Action